Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Role Of A Lifetime

I remember when I was younger, each time my sisters and I played any type of dress-up or Barbie dolls, I always had to play a mom or my barbie was a mom. That was just something I always did. You know when you're growing up and people ask you, oh what do you want to be when you grow up. Or during high school you were trying to figure out what college to go to, to become what you always dreamed of becoming? I never sweated that because the only thing I wanted to do with my life, was to get married and have kids.









As we celebrate this day, I give God thanks for my mom. She's an amazing woman, bar none. There is a list of words I could make describing her, but I think the two that mean the most to me would have to be that she's giving and selfless. Growing up, not a day went by that she didn't tell us she loved us or praised us in anything we did. What I appreciated the most, is that she always prayed for us. To be Godly women and do things to the best of our abilities. What I appreciate today as an adult, is the friendship she and I have. She's my bestfriend. I love you mom!
Being a mom is so rewarding in every aspect. My son is such a loving little boy who loves to give me hugs and kisses. If I'm not feeling good, he'll make me a card. He's got such a good little heart, always aiming to please. Of course he does know when and what buttons to push, but what kid doesn't do that. I'm excited to see him grow and mature into a young man someday, to see what God has instore for him.
My daughter is just a joy. She definately keeps me on my toes, but she is such a funny little girl. Her smile just makes me melt. She isn't one to cuddle unless she doesn't feel well, but the way she just is, who she is as a little person more than makes up for any missed cuddles. She knows what she wants, even now at 2 1/2, which eases my mind for when she grows up. She's going to make a name for herself. I'm also excited to see what God has instore for her.
God has truly blessed me as a mom. I have two wonderful, gifted children who I am very thankful for. Nothing else compares to being a mom. There is no job or career that can top this. I pray that someday, the relationships I have with them will blossom into a friendship and carry on through the years.

0 comments: