Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Bookworm

I remember when Andrew first started kindergarden, his teacher had sent home a list of things the kids would be learning to do, and have mastered by the end of the school year. And what stuck out the most to me, was reading. Now, not that I didn't have faith in my son, but I figured that they would learn to do that in the first grade. Boy was I ever wrong. He's fantastic at it! Any chance he can get he'll sit down and read a book. I'm so proud of him!









So tonight after dinner, he wanted to read a book he had found in his bookcase. He chose, What Can You Do With A Shoe? This was a present from his uncle and aunt for his 2nd birthday, and Andrew always loves a challenge. I recommend this book, it's fun to read! He read through it without getting very much help with words. I hope he still enjoys reading as he grows up.

0 comments: