Saturday, May 3, 2008

19 Years In The Making

I am a HUGE fan of Harrison Ford, so when the rumors of a fourth Indiana Jones movie turned into a reality, I couldn't believe it. I was beyond happy, more like ecstatic!


The first Indy movie I saw was Raiders of the Lost Ark. When I was younger, and the scene in this movie, where that guy's face melts, I remember my Dad always telling us to close our eyes. Seeing that now as an adult, I'm sure glad he did. Of course, I'm also seeing that through different eyes, and it's really not that scary to me. There is one scene that always made me giggle, when the girl writes Love You on her eyelids so Indiana could see it.


I don't really remember in great detail when I saw the second Indiana Jones movie, Temple of Doom. If my memory serves me right, an old friend, Jessica, had it and when she came over for a sleepover, she brought that with her. I figured it would be as good as the first one. I'm sure it was, but there were too many uncomfortable moments that dealt with unGodly things. I haven't seen that one since.

The third one, The Last Crusade, I have to say is my all time favorite. So many scenes to choose from that are my favorite! I think what makes this my favorite Indy movie is how this is like a treasure hunt. And all the obstacles he has to go through to get to the Cup of Life. Some more memorable ones are when his dad (played by Sean Connery) keeps calling him Junior, and Indiana finally has had enough and grabs a gun from a soldier and shoots them all. And then says, And don't call me Junior! Another great one, was when Indy and his dad are climbing onto the plane that was attached to the zepplin they were riding on, and his dad says, I didn't know you could fly a plane. And Indiana says, Fly, yes. Land, no. There are so many to choose from, but my all time favorite was after the four guys had left the place where the grail was, and they were getting ready to leave, and Sallah asks: Please, what does it always mean, this... this "Junior"? So Henry Jones says: That's his name. [points to himself] Henry Jones... [points to Indy] ...Junior. Then Indiana Jones says: I like "Indiana". In which Henry says: We named the dog Indiana. Then Sallah says: The dog? [starts laughing] You are named after the dog? HA HA HA...! And then Indy says: I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. Oh I could on and on, but I won't.



The fourth one, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, doesn't come out for a couple more weeks, but we have our calendars marked and hoping to have that night out to see it. I've read that there may be more, but with Harrison turning 66 this year, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll write more about it once I've seen it. Until then...

0 comments: