Sunday, June 15, 2008

It Takes A Special Man To Be Called "Dad"

As we celebrate Father's Day today, I'd like to just say a few things about two really important dads in my life. First is my dad. Growing up, he and I did almost everything together. If he had to run to a store, I was right there with him. It didn't matter if it was the hardware store or Meijers, I wanted to go where he was going. Every night when he would come home from work, we would run up to him and throw our arms around him and tell him how much we missed him. When I was getting closer to the age of driving, he would teach me on the back roads every now and then, how to drive. And when I turned 16, he took me to get my driving permit. For my actual birthday, day, he played "Sixteen Candles" while he had the video camera on just me. It was an awkward moment, but it was my dad being my dad. And I love him for it. As an adult now I see him as more than just my dad, he's also my best friend. God has truly blessed me with this wonderful man that I am proud to call My Dad. I Love You!

When I first met my husband, I knew at that moment that he would be the father of my kids. When we first found out we were pregnant with out son, he opened the bedroom window and shouted out "I'm going to be a dad!" I'll remember that moment forever. When our "bud-bud" was born, the pride that he showed looking at his son is indescribable. When our daughter was born, watching him hold his "foxy" was a truly wonderful moment. He told me that day how thankful he was God had given him two healthy and beautiful children. He doesn't really like all the attention that comes from this day, but knowing him like I do, he's very proud to be a daddy. I love to watch him throw the football or wrestle with our son, and then sit down and have a tea party with our daughter. He has such a tender heart for his children. I've been blessed with two men who have such love in their hearts for their kids and God has blessed them in return for relationships that will last a lifetime!

I thought this was pretty cute..check it out!

0 comments: