Friday, February 13, 2009

Food For Thought

My husband is from England. Now, I've never been there myself, but we are trying to get over there some time this year. Just the two of us. Being that I'm American, I'm used to "American food" if you will. So when my husband moved over here I wanted to keep up with the kinds of foods that he was used to, or were his favorites. One such dish is called Shepherd's Pie. Mmm, just the title alone makes my mouth water! It's such a hearty meal that once you're full, you're good for a few hours.

Right after he moved here, I went to my nearest Barnes and Noble and found a good British cook book. Unfortunately a lot of the ingredients aren't here. Although I've seen in a lot of local Meijer stores carry lots of food from around the world. And they do happen to have a section just for British foods and treats. Now, I'm not one for trying foods that are new, but I am willing to do that for my husband. Lemme see...there's fish and chips (of course), shepherd's pie, mincemeat pies, trifles, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pie, jacket potatoes...pretty much all of these would be doused with original HP sauce. (at least by my husband) Now, out of all of these I've listed, I've only eaten the shepherd's pie. But according to my husband, the rest is the best! Looks like I'm going to have to put aside all thoughts of not wanting to eat food(s) I've never had before. But for what better reason than to try something new!

0 comments: