Monday, October 13, 2008

My Birthday Girl

3 years old already! That's what my baby girl is. This day has come faster than I was ready for. And yet, we are having so much fun with her. She is a joy. We're still in the midst of potty training, but all we're trying to accomplish is when she sleeps. That's a big thing! She loves books and coloring. Riding on her bike and swings. Spending time with her Papa and Nana and loving on her cousin.


Thinking back 3 years from today, it would've already been a long day. I had started contracting the night before and was scheduled to have a c-section at 9. She was born at 6 instead. Seeing her for the first time, words cannot describe what I felt. Sometimes 9 months can go screaming by, and sometimes they are slower than a jack rabbit. But when you first see your baby's face, you forget the time. I remember by the time we had gotten to our room, I was so incredibly tired, but on such a high I couldn't rest. Even though my doctor had told me the previous night to take a sleeping pill (just a 1/4 size of one) to help me sleep through the off and on contractions, I still couldn't sleep. I guess I didn't want to miss a moment with her.


I remember the first night with her. My mom dropped our son off around 7 and he was put to bed a couple hours later. And that was weird! Putting to bed my big boy and taking care of my baby. I had to adjust to two kids. Maddie did not sleep that night. On and off for minutes at a time. We couldn't figure her out because all she would do was cry. We tried EVERYTHING. And I kid you not, by 5 am, she had finally settled down enough to sleep for a couple hours. But by 2 weeks, she was sleeping through the night. And now it's a breeze to put her to bed.


She brings me such joy, she amazes me everyday. She's a wonderful little girl and I love being her mommy.




0 comments: