Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Switcheroo

When my husband and I moved into the apartment we're in now 6 years ago, wow, I cannot believe it's been that long already! When we moved here, our son was just 8 mths old, and he finally had his own room. We had been living with my parents until we could find a place, so Andrew was sharing the room with us there. No biggee, he was a baby, plus our first so it was fun! When we moved here and was in his own room, it was a nice to have the space.

Since having our daughter, she's been sharing our room with us since she was born. First she slept in a moses basket I had gotten from my mother-in-law, and then in the crib. We rearranged the room to fit the crib and slowly the room seemed to get smaller. First came the set of drawers for tights, hair things and sweaters. Then came the toy box. We had talked about having our son switch with us so we could have a room to ourselves again, but that was mostly just talk. Until we found an adorable toddler bed for a really good price. We could use the mattress from the crib and she doesn't need a real heavy blanket yet, so we bought it!











We had talked about maybe switching the rooms that night, but with the amount of time it took to put the bed together and take the crib down, it just wasn't worth the hassle to keep them up any longer. So we just put her toddler bed in place of the crib. Suddenly our room seemed just a little bit bigger! She was a little apprehensive of it first, but once we reassured her it was alright, she climbed right in and went to sleep. She did just great last night in it! I was so proud of her.

So today I made the decision to put her bed in his bedroom and now they're sharing a room! I just couldn't wait for the hubby to come home and help. And ya know what, it honestly wasn't too much to do. Her bed doesn't weigh much and it's small.

I did have trouble laying them both down for their nap. But it came from her. So I put her in our bed until she fell asleep and then after he was settled down, brought her back in and now they're both sleeping. Let's hope tonight goes this smoothly!

0 comments: