Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just Around The Corner

Where has this summer gone? We had a Parent Info Night last night at our son's school. We got his class list and walked over to see where his classroom is. I cannot believe he'll be a first grader! Where has THAT time gone?! Doesn't it feel like the last day of school was yesterday? And here we're about to start another year. We didn't really do any of the things I had hoped this summer. Camping was something I really wanted to do, but didn't even get close to. Not that this summer hasn't been a good one. We've been to the beach quite a bit and to the pool. My kids have had their share of sleepovers at Papa and Nana's house, so I'm not complaining. I guess I'm not ready for the routine that goes with school. If you were to ask my son, he'd tell you he's ready to be back in school. But there's a bit of a difference starting with this school year, he'll be going all day. The last couple years it's only been half days, so this will be a big change for him. But I know he'll do fine with the difference once he's back into the swing of things. Who knows, maybe this upcoming school year will fly by, too!


0 comments: