Friday, October 2, 2009

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Well, more like left on a jet plane already. My husband has flown home for a few days to visit his family in England. He left pretty early this morning and so far has been having safe flights. He will land at Heathrow airport and then travel back to his hometown with his mom and sister. For 28 years England was his home, and so he misses it there quite often. His first trip home was after moving here 6 years earlier. I was unable to go with him the last time and unfortunately didn't go with him for this trip either. We have talked that I would go with him for the next trip, but this came up unexpectedly so maybe next time. I am praying for a safe trip where ever he goes while he's there, and I'm glad he's able to reconnect with family and friends. But I miss him.

I don't mind having to watch our kids by myself, I think it helps keep me busy and my mind on other things than missing him. The last time he traveled my kids were younger and so they didn't seem to mind him leaving or weren't affected by him being gone. But this time just my daughter was unaware of him leaving. She told me she had fun at the airport, so that sums up how much she understands what's going on. My son on the other hand cried, and as badly as I was trying to hold it in for their sake I found myself biting my lip to stop myself from crying. Have to be the strong one. So hard to do when I'm not feeling like that at all. But, there are the phone calls and web cam conversations, so there really won't be much time for me to miss him too much. But I still miss him.

I personally think that it's good when couples have to spend time apart. I totally believe in the phrase, "Absense makes the heart grow fonder." I think when couples are apart for days at a time it makes you realize just how important one another is. You don't take things for granted.

My husband is away for a short while, and I'm ok with that. I'm not thrilled to be without him, but I love him all the more and can't wait for him to come home.

2 comments:

CR said...

Nice chatting with you tonight! I totally agree with the saying and hating being apart from my hubs too! Typically it's be having to go somewhere for work! You totally need to visit England if you haven't already. One of my favorites places to visit. I hope to take my hubs and (step)kids there too.

Jen said...

I hope to visit there someday with our without our kids. I really hope we can go there just the two of us my first time. We really didn't get a honeymoon and I would be ok having one there :)
It was nice chatting with you too :)