Sunday, October 4, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month



Pink Ribbon Kisses Pictures, Images and Photos

On facebook there is an application called Flair. I'm sure you all know the meaning of the word, but as I was looking through the countless pieces they have I came across one that said "When you lose someone to cancer, awareness lasts a lifetime." I immediately picked that one, and it is now on my profile.

My mom had breast cancer, as did her mom. They both survived and my mom has been clear of it for 19 years. Thank you Lord! They have this genetic testing that she could do to see if she has a certain gene that would tell her if either me or my sisters could get breast cancer. There are so many pros and cons to all that, so it's a decision that has been put on hold for the time being. For now there are things we can do to help prevent it. I'm praying that one day there is a cure for this. God is in control of ALL things. Check this out.

0 comments: