Sunday, July 20, 2008

Keepin' It Cool By The Pool

Summertime isn't my favorite season, I'm more of an autumn girl. Mostly because the temps are more at a medium, not too hot or too cold. Not that I'm not all about the things you can do during the summer months. Growing up, we used to go camping all the time. And as much as we could, we would go swimming. At the house we grew up in, our next door neighbors had a swimming pool. When we were babies, yes babies, our mom took us to swimming lessons. I'm forever grateful for her decision to put me through those because to this day, my sisters and I have the most fun swimming.

As a mom, I want to pass that enthusiasm on to my kids. My son, not so much. I tried swimming lessons with him at 18mths, I think I had more fun than he did. My daughter, she's definately our water baby. Put her in a bathtub and she's good.

Any chance we have to go swimming, we're there. So lastweek, when the temps outside were quite warm, where did we go? To the pool? You guessed it. It was nice because my sisters, my mom and my nephew could be there, too. And as odd as this may sound, can you guess who was the first one in?



No lie!




And who came in at a close second? My water baby. I think it's safe to say she's well protected. But boy her little legs sure can kick! She got around in all that pretty well.









But do you know what all that swimming can do to such a small little thing such as her?



You got that right!




It was a great day! My sister Beth and I were diving off the diving board, she was doing cannonballs and jack knives. All in attempts to splash my son, which he just loved! Not so much in the face, but he wasn't being a spoil sport in the least. And would you guess that just a few minutes before we left for the day, the sun finally came out. But it was a good ending to such a fun day. What better way to beat the sun than spend it in the water. I can't think of anything better!

Oh, and I can't forget our littlest water baby. It was pretty funny to watch him in the water. All the different faces he made and how excited he was to be there!

0 comments: