Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bored? Read A Book

I love to read. I'll just put that out there right away. If my kids are taking their naps, or just playing around and I've got nothing to do, instead of coming to the computer or switching on the tube, I'll pick up a book and read it. Does that make me a bookworm? That's alright.

I'm in the middle of a series from Laura Ingalls Wilder, which I know everyone has heard of. This is my second time reading through them, and I love it more this time around. I was younger when I read them the first time. As an adult, I feel like I'm picking up on more things. I'm understand their life at that time. I've just finished reading through The Long Winter, such hardships to stay alive during that time. But I'm up to Little Town On The Prairie, and I'm excited to read through it, too.

It's so easy to get lost in a book. I can remember when I was younger, I used to LOVE to read the Nancy Drew books. I could absolutely not put those stories down! It'd get to the end of a chapter and the mystery was getting deeper, how could I put it down! Another favorite was The Boxcar Children book series. I don't remember much from those books. But obviously another favorite.

I may not be a teenager anymore, but I don't think the type of book(s) you read should entirely change with age. I find it fun to go back to the books I used to read.

Even if there aren't any particular books that interest you right now, pick up the Bible, or a good devotional. Happy reading!

0 comments: