Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Big Day Approaches

2 days to go until that fateful day. First day of school. Am I excited you may ask? This mom is. I can't speak for all of you out there, but this mom is ready to be minus one kiddo during the day.
I say that in all sincerity because he is so bored and so whiny! I can't seem to give him anything to do that will keep him unbored for more than 10 minutes. I'm really excited to see how 2nd grade and him go together. He did extremely well last school year, I'm so proud :)

We were able to meet his teacher as well, I like her already. She and my son seemed to have hit it off like any teacher and student would the first time they met. And I even asked him if he wanted me to come into the school and he said that he was ok. I will so cry (bawl) like a baby when he gets out of the car. But I'm so proud of him that I'm more excited that nervous. I mean, come on, it's the first day of school, he's my first born, I think I'm allowed to feel this way. How does you/your child feel about the first day of school?

2 comments:

CR said...

Our was pretty good and actually have been back to school for about a month! They weren't thrilled about it, but we were!

Jen said...

Oh wow that's early! Yeah I'm enjoying him being at school now. His first day was today. I like that it's just me and my daughter :)