Monday, July 27, 2009

In A Slump

Here we are, the end of July and I'm feeling like I'm in a slump. Am I ready for school, fall temps, jeans, long sleeve shirts..etc? I am, but I'm not. Silly me, I just can't make up my mind. I really feel like this summer has gone by too quickly! On the other hand, I see my son getting to this part of the summer where he's bored. Books and games and puzzles just aren't cutting it. But if you were to ask him if he's ready, no way! In fact, he doesn't ever want to go back. Boy do I know the feeling. I'm not ready for the sleep deprived days, or trying to figure out rides home from school (we only have one car). But I am excited to see him grow more in his academics, make new friends, reconnect with old ones. See what I mean? A real slump. There's a few more things I've wanted to do before the school year/cold temps come around again. Camping, the beach (ugh, still haven't hit the beach yet!), a family friendly theme park...did I mention the beach?! I guess we'll figure something out, this summer hasn't been a complete waste. I've enjoyed it. One goal at a time.

0 comments: