Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Big Day!

And now it begins. We now have our 44th President sworn in. I can't imagine what kind of day he will have today. While writing this, so much has already happened. But what an experience to watch. While watching it earlier, before his speech, I saw his two daughters walking through that door. Just watching it with my daughter alone was something cool to experience with her (though she didn't sit through most of it) but what about those two girls. Stories to tell someday!

I've never watched that before, so it was something I won't forget. I keep hearing, plus I know, that this man has got so much on his plate for the first day of work. He will be continually prayed for, as he should be, but I just hope he will take the time to pray and ask God for guidance for the next four years. Wow! 4 years. I remember when Bush was first president back in 2000. I thought it would be ages before we would have a new president. But in those 8 years I've had 2 kids and been through 7 years of marriage. I mean, Wow! I truly hope that Obama will do what he says he will do turn things around for the great country. Ultimately it is God who will bring the changes we need. Prayer is the key. God Bless!

0 comments: